Cora

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

DIY Hymn Wreath

Because of our recent move, I've been doing a lot of crafting lately, and I'm LOVING it! Things are slowly but surely coming together and feeling like a home. I'm one of the weirdos that loves change, so all of these new life happenings are so exciting to me! 

Yesterday I worked on a project that I've been wanting to do for a while now. You may remember my post about the DIY Book Wreath. I made this out a the book Little Women for my friend Anna Catherine's literary-themed baby shower. Since then I've been wanting to make one for myself out of a hymnal! Anyone who knows me well knows that I adore the old hymns. They are so rich in theology, truth, and poetry. I jumped at the opportunity when our church was cleaning out their library and asked people to take books home with them -- including some amazing hymnals. I grabbed a Baptist Hymnal that has a copyright date of 1954. (Interestingly enough, our house was built in 1954! :D) I picked up a styrofoam wreath form, got out my hot glue gun, and went to town! I did some rearranging in the living room to make this work, and I'm loving how it turned out! I also love that we have a constant reminder of these beautiful words that have been sung for years in our sweet church. <3




"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2





I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;
    I will sing praise to my God while I have being.


 May my meditation be pleasing to him,

    for I rejoice in the Lord.

Psalm 104:33-34








1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! If you ever get so so bored and need something to do, I need one for my classroom haha!!!

    ReplyDelete