Cora

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What's Up Wednesday! - August

*Linking up with Mix & Match Family for this episode of What's Up Wednesday!

What We're Eating This Week…
We have a sweet man at church that has a massive garden that I'm SO jealous of! (Next year… next year…) He's been bringing in some delicious yellow squash, so I made some this week. There are so many ways you can make squash, and they're all so good! Fried, stir-fried, casserole… but you can't beat just some chopped squash cooked on the stove with onion, salt, pepper, and butter! That's how my mom always made it. :) I also FINALLY found some fresh okra in this town and our new neighborhood Kroger!!! Hallelujah! And I made some Cheesy Baked Chicken that I found on Pinterest -- I've made it several times now (without the sauce) and it's pretty yummy. :)

What I'm Reminiscing About…
I love my Timehop app this time of year because I always love seeing pictures from my freshman year of college at William Carey. I think it was definitely my favorite year of college, and I have such great memories with great people! 
Delta Omicron Rush Week -- School Spirit Day

Delta Omicron Rush Week -- 50's Day

Sweet friends Courtney and Ashley

What I'm Loving…
Hank's learned some new babble language recently! I'm not sure what Ba-Ba means, but it's the cutest thing ever! 

What We've Been Up To…
This week we found our neighborhood park!! It's literally just around the corner, and I know there will be MANY days spent here! Especially when the weather gets a little cooler. I just love our little neighborhood!

What I'm Dreading…
Cleaning out the fridge! Haha!

What I'm Working On…
Hank's birthday party! Menu, decor, games, etc.!

What I'm Excited About…
My Seminary Wives Institute (SWI) classes start back up this week, and my Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) starts September 4th! This semester at SWI I'm taking Biblical Interpretation and Biblical Parenting. I'm very excited about those! And this will be my first year doing BSF, and Hank gets to go to his own class, too! I think it's going to be an amazing thing for both of us. :)

What I'm Watching/Reading…
Jacob and I have a new TV obsession -- Call the Midwife! I've heard great things about the show, but I recently saw that Miranda Hart stars in it, so I was sold! (She's an English comedian that I LOVE!) We're almost finished with Season 2 on Netflix, and I can't get enough!

What I'm Listening To…
Nothing new lately

What I'm Wearing…
Lots of Alabama gear as we prepare for football season, which starts NEXT Saturday!!! AND we have cable this year!! :)

What I'm Doing This Weekend…
We are going to the 1st birthday party of one of Hank's fellow preemie friends, Dallas! :)

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month…
My baby is turning ONE!!! I get emotional every time I think about it! He turns one on the 17th, and we're having a cowboy birthday party for him on the 19th. I've been obsessively planning it for a while now, and I can't wait to see how everything comes together! We're also doing his one-year photoshoot with his Jenny Lind highchair, birthday gear, and smash cake, and I'm so excited to see how that goes! :D

What Else Is New…
My family is coming to visit Labor Day weekend and I can't wait!! 

3 comments:

  1. GREAT. Now I have to watch Call the Midwife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures of Hank's first birthday!!! I bet it will be so cute! And I've seen Call of the Midwife on Netflix but never watched it....I will have to!
    Sarah atMeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete