Cora

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Home Tour -- Living & Dining Room

Today we have officially lived in our home for 3 weeks! It has been so refreshing to have this space for our little family, and we count it a blessing for sure. I offered to host a brunch here 6 days after we moved in, so that gave some incentive to get everything in order! *Almost* everything is complete now, so have a look around our living and dining room! :)





This near-100-year-old farmhouse table was built by someone in the Hatcher family. The last home it resided in was Jacob's Nana's, who passed last fall. His Papa refinished the chairs, which belonged to their dining room table. It will be an honor to dine here. (The frame has since been swapped around and now my DIY Hymn Wreath hangs there! I love it!)


Not the best photo ever, but I made this wreath from hydrangeas from our wedding! 

I loved refinishing the matching end tables and the desk. But the matching frames above the end tables are super special -- I gave them to Jacob as a wedding gift! We were married in the same church his grandparents were married in 60 years ago. One frame has a photo of us walking down the aisle, and the other frame has a photo of them walking down the same aisle. :) 

Sweet little rocker given by my grandparents for my 2nd Christmas. Hank's 6 month photos were made in this as well!

My great-grandma's mirror. I miss her dearly! She was a wonderful woman.

Big Ben lamp that I got when I returned from England, refinished table, and the rocker that Jacob's mother used to rock him in when he was a baby. :)

Some favorite frames, a refinished shelf from my in-laws, some trinkets that were part of our wedding, and a Beatrix Potter collection of books from when I was a girl. :)

That's all for now but I will have more up later! Thanks for stopping by the Hatcher Homestead! <3





4 comments:

  1. Gooooorgeous! I think it's a gift from God, to be able to turn a house into a home, and you definitely have that gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why my reply didn't post! :(
      Girl, you are so encouraging. Thank you!! And I hope your birthday has been FABULOUS! :)

      Delete
  2. It feels so homey!!! I love it and I'm so impressed! We've lived here almost 2 months and there's still so much I need to buy! I'm hoping to do a home tour in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why my reply didn't post! :(
      Thank you!!! :) And I can't believe yall have already been there for 2 months!! It feels like yall just got there! I can't wait to see more pics! :)

      Delete