Cora

Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Favorites

Hello there! And welcome to my brand new Hatcher Homemade blog! We are going to be figuring out this thing together. ;) I've been wanting to create a food/crafty blog for a while now, and thanks to some advice and encouragement from my friend Sarah Shaneyfelt, I'm finally going to give it a go! (Sarah is a childhood friend of mine, and you can check out her amazing blog at http://meettheshaneyfelts.blogspot.com.) For my first post, I want to link up with a blog called Mix and Match Family and tell you all about my "Friday Favorites!" :)


One.
My Social Book. For those that don't know our family, in September I gave birth to our precious Hank. He was born prematurely at 27 weeks on the nose, weighing 2 pounds 12 ounces and measuring 14 inches. We spent 10 weeks and 1 day in the NICU with him, and we experienced everything from a heart surgery, blood transfusion, MRI's, UTI's, Brady episodes, and many other frightening things. He came home with us on Thanksgiving Day, oxygen tank in tow! Throughout our NICU experience, we kept people updated through Facebook. I wanted to find a way to put these posts (along with all the comments from his prayer warriors) into a book, but I had no idea how, other than printing everything and putting it into a huge binder! I put some feelers out and several people told me about mysocialbook.com. In just a few clicks, our 10 week NICU journey was put into a hardcover book for a great price and was delivered to my door in a little over a week. This is now one of my most prized possessions, and I can't wait for Hank to be old enough to flip through these 200 pages and see how great God is and how loved and supported he was and is!




Two.
My new favorite Pinterest meal -- Korean Beef with Asian Style Stir Fried Green Beans! This meal is so super easy and QUICK! It literally takes as long as browning ground beef, because that's pretty much all you do!! I've made it twice now, and it's definitely become one of my favorite go to's when we're short on time for dinner.  AND I love something that's got some kick to it! (You can make this meal as spicy or mild as you want, though). 




Three.
Our "new" media table!!! This table has been in my family for as long as I can remember. It used to be an end table in my parents' living room when I was a child, and then when they got new furniture, it was moved to the garage. When I moved to college, I got a lot of hand-me-down furniture, and this piece was my favorite! The only change I made then was a quick switcharoo of the knobs. I changed the brass knobs and put these vintage knobs on. (Vintage as in they came off my mom's childhood bedroom suite that my dad and I refinished several years ago! :)) I don't ACTUALLY know how old this piece is, but it was definitely time way past time for some refinishing, as you can see. I plan to do a separate post with steps and more photos, but for now, here's a before and after!




Thanks for stopping by! I'm looking forward to this new adventure! :)




4 comments:

  1. Love the blog design! You did great! And I love you media table.....it looks like you paid a ton for it! Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!!!!! I appreciate it!! :D And no problem! Any time! ;)

      Delete