Cora

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What's Up Wednesday!


Happy, happy Wednesday! I'm linking up with Mix & Match Family for my first What's Up Wednesday! Here goes…

What we're eating this week:
We're spending a few days in Alabama this week with my family, and my dad got a new grill for Father's Day! He's been grilling out for us this week, and my mom has been cooking lots of fresh vegetables! Yummmmm :)

What I'm reminiscing about:
We've been cleaning out the garage at my parents' house, and it seems like it's is my stuff that's taking over. Whoops! Since we have a basement at our new house, we actually have space for me to put this stuff, so we're taking some back with us. Some of my favorite things I've found are 1) my American girl dolls!! The rest of their clothes have yet to be found, but I am DEFINITELY taking these back with me!! My Today Girl is even wearing an outfit from the American Girl Place in Chicago! :) We also found 2) My table and chairs that were given to me by my grandparents for my 2nd Christmas. These will go in Hank's room! And 3) This massive box of notes!!! This case is FILLED with notes from middle school and high school from my best friends. I die a little inside every time I find these.




What I'm loving: 
Catching up with some of my childhood friends this week at home!!! Crazy that our children are now becoming friends :) :) :)
Hank and his new friend, Rhett! Rhett's momma and I have been friends since we were almost this age!

My friend Sarah and I in our unplanned matching Old Navy dresses! :)

What we've been up to:
Signing a lease on a house, collecting moving boxes, Hank's doctor's appointments, visiting family in Alabama and Tennessee...

What I'm dreading:
PACKING! Ugh!

What I'm working on:
I've got some crafty projects coming up! I'm going to be redoing some furniture and decor, so I'm thinking up colors schemes and shopping for fabrics! Definitely excited about having a new project. :)

What I'm excited about:
MOVING!!! and setting up our new home!

What I'm watching/reading:
HGTV on Netflix (we don't have cable) and a new book called "Coffee, Tea, and Holy Water" by Amanda Hudson. This book is great so far! It's about a girl's travels around the world, learning about Christianity in other countries. 

What I'm listening to:
Hank's new babbles. We REALLY thought he said "Momma" the other day, but we're waiting on him to do it again to confirm. Haha

What I'm wearing:
LOTS of patriotic clothes! My favorite is this little smocked patriotic jon-jon by Smock Monkey. We got it from a fellow preemie mom whose twins weren't going to be able to wear it. I think Hank looks like a million bucks in it! :) 



What I'm doing this weekend:
We're heading out Friday morning to a state park in Tennessee for 2 of Jacob's family reunions! 

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Moving into our new home!!! 

What else is new:
My husband and family makes fun of me for obsessing over things. It's kind of a problem. Right now I'm obsessing over the placement of all our furniture in our new home -- it will literally keep me up at night thinking about it! It's just too exciting to me!, Hank's first birthday party (which is only 2 1/2 months away!!!!! Oh my goodness.), and the fall pre-order going on right now (for 2 more days!) at The Smocking Bug. OH MY GOSH I WANT ALL OF THEM!!! 


Hope yall have a great rest of your week!!


1 comment:

  1. I love that box of notes!!!! Are there any from me in it? By the way, kids in jr high never pass notes!!!! They just text each other.....they are missing out!

    ReplyDelete